Mother, Nurturer, Birth Keeper, Postpartum Doula
Tess Marnane, servicing Shepparton and surrounds
Hi, I’m Tess
Tessa hails from Cork, Ireland, a strong Irish woman who met her soulmate, Tony, in Shepparton in 2016 after a short period of travel. She found her roots here, forming a blended family with Tony, his son Aitan, and later, her two sons Alex and Leo.
Tessa is now a Doula focused on providing families with the support required for local women, both in childbirth and parenting young families. With a Bachelor’s degree in Social Care and some 18 years working in leadership roles with vulnerable groups in the care industry, Tess found a practical way to put her experience to practice.
Following the transformational homebirth of her second child, Leo, Tessa recognised a gap in the local community, so she is now creating “the village” so deeply needed, through forming Nurture Doula Tribe, a conscious business venture.
Nurture Doula Tribe now runs frequent womens circles and retreats in the Shepparton area. Tessa sees this as a way of bridging the gap between the isolation of birth and deeper into motherhood, where she had previously searched for connection during her own journey.
Tessa’s strengths are abundantly evident through the way she empowers women to feel confident, connected and supported.
Send Tess a message to start your journey with Nurture Doula Tribe
• Support in writing your birth and postpartum plan
• Available via text, phone and email throughout your journey
• Settling your baby
• Understanding your baby’s cues
• Breastfeeding options and techniques
• Recovery understanding and support
• Tips for sibling encouragement and support
• Meal preparation – nourishing gooodies and home cooked meals provided for mother
• Debriefing of birth for birthing couple
• Help with other children
• Light housework/organisation
• Aiding rest time to promote healing for the mother
• Nourishing Mama pregnancy box with homemade products
• Birth Affirmations by Bourne Designs
• Unlimited access to The Positive Birth Company – Hypnobirthing
• Digital Pack with antenatal videos, MP3 relaxation tracks and guided meditations, course notes booklet and birth preference templates
• Antenatal sessions x2 hours covering important topics to help you prepare for your birth: stages of labour, cascade of interventions, medicated pain relief, natural pain relief strategies, guided meditations, breathing techniques, language, consent and birth rights, what to expect at a hospital and how to prepare for a homebirth
• Guided lessons to help you work through the birth preferences template (in person and virtual)
• Tools and techniques to assist your partner to support you during pregnancy and labour
• TENS machine to use during early labour and birth
• Personalised birth preferences document covering all stages of labour and after birth
• Postpartum planning including mental preparation, the first week with a newborn, partner and family support, and meal preparation
• On call from 38 weeks until your birth
• 24/7 support via phone and email
• x1 Birth debrief and support session
All Packages Include
A 1hr obligation free introduction meeting which will give us the opportunity to get to know each other. I will ensure you are feeling confident, ready, informed, seen, heard and happy. Custom packages are available. Conditions apply.
Sacred Womens Circles & Retreats
An empowering retreat for women who are wanting to step into their power, level up and raise their energetic standards. A place where you can be seen, heard and held wholeheartedly. A place of women empowering women, where there is no judgement, no second guessing, no competition, only LOVE. There is so much sacredness going on in this circle, so many things we will be diving into and discovering.
Womens Circles and retreats may include cacao immersion, healing modalities, chakra balancing, safe sharing, somatic practices, meditation and more.
“Birthing is the most profound invitation to spirituality a woman can have”
– Robin Lim
Do you need more support during pregnancy or postpartum?
Do you lack family support?
Can't find your "village"?
Would you like to feel more informed about choices during birth?
Call Tess Today
Tessa point blank was a game changer for me and my family. After I had a very rough first postpartum, when I found out that I was pregnant again I went on a look for doulas and that is how I found Tess. She is beyond a doula, her tenacity and love she has to make your life easier and better is expressed through her work that she makes look effortless but I knew the time and effort it took for her to be so good at her job.
I am forever grateful and I cannot put into words how tremendous it was to have Tess not only during my birth but 6 weeks postpartum. You will NOT be disappointed in hiring Tess. Not one tiny bit. You will filled with so much support and love from the beginning right to the end.
Thank you Tess for everything you did for me, my son and my husband.